Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Visit to Station 8

Hi Everyone, Today we had a wonderful Family Day...  We woke up to a beautiful frost from a heavy fog.
We went to skating lessons, we did not get to use the carpet today, but we used walkers.
 I did pretty good.
 And had a lot of  fun!
  The teacher drew a line on the ice for us to follow...
 I tried really hard to be a good line leader for the other students to follow me.
" Hi Dad!"
 The we used the walkers to play a little game (kind of like bumper cars).
 After skating, we went to down town St. Paul to visit Station #8 an deliver the guys some cookies.
Fire Fighter Mike greeted us at the door.
  He showed us all around.
 I got to sit in a truck.
 I checked out the hoses and the gauges.
 I saw a giant saw and the Jaws of Life.
 The COOLEST thing we say was a fire pole.  This is a 2 story fire station, so Fire Fighters, need to get to the trucks fast so they slide down a pole.
 I did not get a chance to slide down the pole, maybe someday...
 The second COOLEST thing we saw was the JD  snow blower that was in the hose tower.

 Since we were in St.Paul, we stopped by the morge to see Tiff & drop her off some cookies too, but she was out on a call & we missed her... maybe next time.

No comments: