Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Ear surgery update

HI All,Just wanted to let you all know my ear tube surgery went well today. My Apt was at 10:45am, so I was not able to eat or drink anything this morning.

I had the same nurse as last time & she had to check a bunch of stuff out before surgery (check my oxygen, take my temp.) We then played in the waiting room for a bit.

Finally, they took us to this little room & the anesthesiologist put a little mask over my face to breathe this orange scented stuff. I did not fight as bad as Mom & Dad thought I would.

Doc put a new tube in my Right ear (he said it was all blocked up with a Jello like substance in there). He put a new tube in my Left ear too because it was almost ready to fall out. In just a few minutes, tubes were in & I was awake & Mom & Dad were there to take care of me.

I was a little dazed and confused until the drugs all wore off, but I was super thirsty & hungry & kept asking for a “cracker”.

I have a follow-up visit in 1 month. For the next 10 days I need to use ear drops to help prevent an infection.

Love you all,
AWN

No comments: