
HI All,
This morning Dad got me up super early so we could get on our way to Minnetonka for my ear surgery (ya, he got me up, usually it is the other way around).
My Apt was at 9:00, we had plenty of time to check in & play with the new toys there.
The nurses had to do a bunch of stuff to me (check my oxygen, take my temp.) All of which I HATED & let them know quite loudly. I had to put on funny pj's and bringht yellow socks that made my feet look like a duck.
Finally, they took us to this little room & the anesthesiologist put a little mask over my face to breathe this orange scented stuff. I did not like that very much either, but I finally drifted off to sleep.
Before I knew it, the tubes were in & I was awake & ready to go... but there were those darn nurses again checking on me. I know they were just doing their job, but Geez - leave a little kid alone! Good thing mom & dad were there. I was super cuddly with them.
The best part of my morning was that I got a wagon ride out to the van to go home. I slept the whole way home. I woke up & mom made me pancakes for breakfast.
I feel pretty back to normal... talking & crawling all over the place. I can even stand now if I pull myself up using furnature.
I have a follow-up visit in 3 weeks in which they will test my hearing again. For the next week, I need to use ear drops 2x's a day (PS. I don't like those very much either).
Thank you all for thinking of me & praying for my during my surgery.
I love you, Anders
This morning Dad got me up super early so we could get on our way to Minnetonka for my ear surgery (ya, he got me up, usually it is the other way around).
My Apt was at 9:00, we had plenty of time to check in & play with the new toys there.
The nurses had to do a bunch of stuff to me (check my oxygen, take my temp.) All of which I HATED & let them know quite loudly. I had to put on funny pj's and bringht yellow socks that made my feet look like a duck.
Finally, they took us to this little room & the anesthesiologist put a little mask over my face to breathe this orange scented stuff. I did not like that very much either, but I finally drifted off to sleep.
Before I knew it, the tubes were in & I was awake & ready to go... but there were those darn nurses again checking on me. I know they were just doing their job, but Geez - leave a little kid alone! Good thing mom & dad were there. I was super cuddly with them.
The best part of my morning was that I got a wagon ride out to the van to go home. I slept the whole way home. I woke up & mom made me pancakes for breakfast.
I feel pretty back to normal... talking & crawling all over the place. I can even stand now if I pull myself up using furnature.
I have a follow-up visit in 3 weeks in which they will test my hearing again. For the next week, I need to use ear drops 2x's a day (PS. I don't like those very much either).
Thank you all for thinking of me & praying for my during my surgery.
I love you, Anders
No comments:
Post a Comment